您 should have 您r postnatal check 6 to 8 weeks after 您r baby's birth to make sure 您 feel well and are recovering properly.
您r postnatal check should be done with a GP. It can be done immediately before 要么 after 您r baby's 6 to 8 week check. But it can also be done at a separate time if 您 would like it to be.
您 can read more about what happens at 您r baby's 6 to 8 week check.
What happens at 您r postnatal check
The following is usually offered, though this may vary according to where 您 live:
- 您'll be asked how 您're feeling as part of a general discussion about 您r mental health and wellbeing.
- 您'll be asked if 您 still have any 白带 and whether 您 have had a period since the birth.
- 您r blood pressure will be checked if 您 had problems during pregnancy 要么 immediately after the birth.
- 您 may be offered an examination to see if 您r stitches have healed if 您 had an 会阴切开术 or 剖腹产.
- If 您 were due for a 宫颈筛查测试 怀孕时，应在出生后重新安排12周。
- 您'll be asked about 避孕.
- If 您're overweight 要么 obese, with a BMI of 30 要么 more, 您 may be weighed. 您r doctor should give 您 减肥建议 有关健康饮食和体育锻炼的指导。
Tell 您r doctor if...
- 您're feeling sad 要么 anxious – looking after a baby can sometimes feel overwhelming. Do not feel 您 have to struggle alone 要么 put on a brave face. It's not a sign that 您're a bad mother. 您 need to get help, as 您 may have 产后抑郁. 您r doctor 要么 health visitor can provide help and support.
- 您're having trouble holding in 您r pee 要么 wind, 要么 您're soiling 您rself with poo
- 您're not sure if 您 have had 2 doses of the MMR疫苗接种 – if 您 have not had these, 您r practice nurse will offer them with a gap of at least 1 month between doses. 您 should avoid becoming pregnant for 1 month after having the MMR疫苗接种.
In this video, a health visitor explains the care and professional support 您 will get after the birth.